Thomas the Tank is back to take on the animated spinoff of The Karate Kid, where Miyagi, Daniel and a girl with a receding hairline named Snacks search the world on a hastily built raft for a magical idol...because reasons.
Aired: September 9, 1989
Episode Run: 13 (originally planned for 65 episodes)
Directed by: Larry Houston
Written By: Michael Maurer and Dorothy Middleton
Theme Composed by: Saban & Levy (Power Rangers)
Official Description: Animated series (loosely) based on the film series, in which Daniel, Miyagi and new friend Taki travel the world in search of an ancient Japanese talisman.
- The #1 song that week was “Cold Hearted” by Paula Abdul
- The #1 movie was “Sea of Love” starring Al Pacino, Ellen Barkin and John Goodman where Pacino plays a detective trying to track down a serial killer who’s finding his victims through a singles column in the newspaper
- The #1 tv show was Roseanne, followed by Cheers and A Different World.
- The week this show premiered The Stanford Gravure shooting occurred in Kentucky where employee Joseph Wesbecker killed 8 fellow employees and injured 12 others at his former workplace before committing suicide. This resulted in a lawsuit against Eli Lilly because he was on Prozac. And guns were never a problem again.
- This is the same year that the wall between East and West Berlin was brought down and the Tiananmen Square protests happened. Or did they according to China?
- And this was the first year that Microsoft Office was released, as well as the Nintendo Gameboy and Intel released the first 486 processor.